Strymon Lex gives you a Leslie effect in pedal form. Lex features a perfect modelling of the whole Leslie entity: rotating bass rotor, rotating treble horn, tube amplifier and carefully thought-out microphone placement. New V2 version has new controls and updates in technology.
Fast Rotor Speed: Sets the speed of the rotor when in Fast mode.
Mic Distance: Controls the microphone distance in the horn (stereo pair) and rotor (single microphone). Close micing produces a stronger, more detailed sound. Further you go, the mellower and less nuanced the effect becomes.
Preamp Drive: Adds overdrive to the sound.
Horn Level: Sets the volume of the treble horn. With this control in conjunction with Mic Distance you can control the amount of treble in the signal and tweak it to fit your amp and guitar.
Hidden controls: (activate when Slow/Fast and Bypass switch are pressed down simultaneously)
Slow Rotor Speed: (under Fast Rotor Speed) Sets the speed of the rotor ni Slow mode.
Cab Direction: (under Mic Distance control) Controls how the Leslie cabinet and microphones are situated. in Front mode (control set to 9 o'clock) the microphones capture the sound through the wood of the cabinet. In Back mode (control set to 3 o'clock) microphones capture the sound from the open backside of the cabinet.
+/- 6db Boost/Cut: (under Preamp Drive control) You can boost or cut the output of the pedal.
Acceleration time: (under Horn Level control) Sets how fast the speed of the rotor increases or decreases when going from one speed mode to another.
Slow/Fast switch: Changes between the to preset speed modes.
Stereo input (TRS) and stereo outputs
Expression pedal input: You can connect an expression pedal to Lex. Expression pedal can be set to control any front panel control. Strymon Tap Favorite can also be connected to this input. It can be used either as an external speed switch or to save your favorite settings.
- Power Requirements: 2,1mm 9 VDC centre negative, 250 mA. Power supply included with the pedal.
- True Bypass
- Made in USA
New features in V2:
- A major overhaul sees dedicated knobs added for both output Volume and Dry Level to seamlessly blend wet/dry signals, a powerful addition. Strymon have also added switches for Speed Change Ramp-Time (slow/med/fast) and Front/Rear cabinet direction voicing, making it much more versatile and user-friendly. The Speed knob now adjusts the speed for both Slow and Fast mode, depending on which mode is active when the knob is adjusted.
- Full MIDI control, including MIDI clock sync and access to 300 presets via MIDI.
- USB-C included as standard on each unit for MIDI-over-USB and firmware updates, which allows bi-directional MIDI communication with a single cable using Strymon’s Conduit interface. There will also be free editor/librarian support through the USB connectivity. The editor/librarian software is due to be launched in August 2022.
full stereo inputs and a MONO/STEREO input switch on the back of the
unit; a major improvement and much more convenient than having to take
apart the pedal to change the internal physical jumper position as on
- All V2 models also now feature a brand new Strymon Class A JFET preamp, making every pedal sound better right from the outset.
- A new state-of the-art 520MHz ARM processor to provide massive DSP headroom for seamless processing and improved audio quality