Darkglass Microtubes 900 is a 900W bass amplifier with analog
preamp and Class D power amp. Includes the overdrive circuits from
Darkglass Vintage Microtubes and B3K. First bass amp with no shortages
either on clean or overdrive sounds. Clean channel is equipped with a
Passive/Active Switch: The signal from some active basses is so hot that amplifiers run out of clean headroom quickly. In a situation like this, turn this switch to Active and it drops the gain of the signal going into the preamp. Choose the setting which suits your bass and your tonal needs.
Microtubes Switch: Turns on the Microtubes Engine, ie. the overdrive side of the amp, which is in front of the clean channel in the signal chain. Gain levels go from light saturation all the way to high gain sounds.
Compression: Sets the amount of dynamic compression added to the Microtubes channel.
Drive: Sets the amount of gain on the overdrive side.
Tone: Tone control for the overdrive side.
Level: Sets volume level for the overdrive side.
Blend: Mix control which allows you to set the mix between the dry (clean) sound and the overdrive sound to your liking.
B3K/VMT Switch: Chooses between two different overdrive sounds. B3K is more aggressive and percussive, VMT is warmer and more neutral.
Gain (clean channel): Controls the input gain going into the 6-band graphic EQ. Keep low if you want to have a clean sound, turn towards 5 o'clock for more aggressive sounds.
Bass: Bass control. +/- 12 db at 80 Hz.
Mids: +/-12 db control for the following frequencies: 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1,5 kHz, 3 kHz.
Treble: +/- 12 db:n control at 5 kHz.
Master: Master volume for the amp, sets output volume level.
Mute: Mutes the amp
- Measurements: 26.7 cm x 25.5 cm x 7 cm
- Weight 2.9 kg
- Balanced DI output with XLR, DI out both pre and post EQ.
- USB connection for using the Darkglass Suite for loading different cab emulations to the amp and for changing the amp features.
- Headphone Out
- Aux In
- Cab Select button allows you to choose between three impulse responses or bypass them.
- MIDI In
- Footswitch included. You can switch the channels and mute the amp. Connects to the amp with a regular mono instrument cable. The amplifier does not work with other channel switchers.
- Input voltage 100-230V AC, can be used anywhere in the world without step-down or step-up transformers.
- Made in Finland