Earthquaker Devices Plumes is EQD's version of the Tube Screamer. Plumes uses opamps instead of JRC4558 chip and has an input impedance increase to 10 megaohms. The end result is that Plumes' sound is brighter and more three-dimensional. Plumes also gives you three different clipping options.
Level: Sets output volume level.
Gain: Controls the amount of gain.
Tone: Controls the tone. Bass is pronounced at around 7 o'clock, mids are pronounced around 12 o'clock and high frequencies are pronounced at around 5 o'clock.
Mode Switch: This switch chooses between three different clipping options. Options are:
1. Symmetrical LED Clipping - more gain and compression.
2. No clipping - Open opamp drive sound and clean boost.
3. Asymmetrical silicon diode clipping - transparent sound with a loose feel.
- Power Requirements: 2.1 mm 9V DC centre negative power supply. 25 mA.
- True Bypass.
- Equipped with Flexi-Switch technology. One short press turns the pedal on and off. Long press puts the pedal in momentary mode, in which the Plumes is active as long as you keep the footswitch pressed down.
- Made in USA